- Cooking Time: 15-20
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 10
- 1 1/4 c. all-purpose flour
- 1/2 c. whole-wheat flour
- 1 TBSP baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1 TBSP light brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3 large eggs, well beaten
- 8 TBSP (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 TBSP vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 c. buttermilk
- 1. Preheat a waffle maker according to manufactuer's instructions. Whisk together all dry ingredients, flour through salt, in a large bowl. Create a well in the center.
- 2. In a separate medium bowl, whisk together eggs, melted butter, vanilla, and buttermilk.
- 3. Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients. Combine until just mixed. A few lumps may remain.
- 4. When waffle iron is ready, spray with baking spray and spoon 1/2 c. to 1 c. (depending on waffle maker) onto the grid. Using a metal spatula or wooden spoon, spread batter to within 1/4 inch of the edge. Cook until golden. Serve immediately or keep warm in a 200 degree oven until all waffles are cooked.
NotesBreakfast, especially breakfast for dinner, is a favorite of mine.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Baby Food: Baby's First Solid Foods
Basic Blends: Healthy Juicing Recipes
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie ChallengeSee More
Cherry Chip Cheesecake BarsSee More