- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 2
- Preparation Time:
- 1/3 c. whole wheat flour
- 1/2 packet Splenda
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/8 tsp. baking powder
- 1 scoop whey protein powder, unflavored or vanilla work well
- 1 egg white
- 1/3 c. 'buttermilk' (1/3 c. Unsweetened Original Almond Breeze, 1 tsp. lemon juice)
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1. Preheat the waffle iron according to manufacturer's directions.
- 2. Whisk together all of the dry ingredients (from the whole wheat flour to the protein powder) in a small bowl.
- 3. In a medium sized bowl, mix together the wet ingredients (from the egg white to the vfanilla).
- 4. Pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix until the batter is well combined.
- 5. Spray the waffle iron with nonstick cooking spray and pour the batter onto the iron.
- 6. Make your waffles as large or small as you'd like.
- 7. Cook the waffle according to manufacturer's directions.
- 8. Once the waffles are ready, serve with sugar free syrup and/or fresh fruit!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013
The Secret Life of Bees: Cooking Your Way Through CollegeSee More
Calzone de Gen aux épinards (ou bette à carde/chou frisé)
Chocolate Drizzled Lemon and Almond BiscottiSee More