- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 2
- Preparation Time:
- 1/3 c. whole wheat flour
- 1/2 packet Splenda
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/8 tsp. baking powder
- 1 scoop whey protein powder, unflavored or vanilla work well
- 1 egg white
- 1/3 c. 'buttermilk' (1/3 c. Unsweetened Original Almond Breeze, 1 tsp. lemon juice)
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1. Preheat the waffle iron according to manufacturer's directions.
- 2. Whisk together all of the dry ingredients (from the whole wheat flour to the protein powder) in a small bowl.
- 3. In a medium sized bowl, mix together the wet ingredients (from the egg white to the vfanilla).
- 4. Pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix until the batter is well combined.
- 5. Spray the waffle iron with nonstick cooking spray and pour the batter onto the iron.
- 6. Make your waffles as large or small as you'd like.
- 7. Cook the waffle according to manufacturer's directions.
- 8. Once the waffles are ready, serve with sugar free syrup and/or fresh fruit!
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013
Simple Homemade Favorites
50 Shades of TasteSee More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More