- Cooking Time: 12-15
- Servings: 18
- Preparation Time:
- 3 C flour
- 1 1/2 t salt
- 4 t baking powder
- 1/2 t baking soda
- 6 T shortening
- 1 1/2 C thick buttermilk
- Sift dry ingredients together and work in shortening.
- Add buttermilk all at once and stir quickly until flour is all dampened.
- Turn onto a floured board and pat our to 1 inch thickness.
- Cut with floured biscuit cutter and place on greased baking sheet.
- Let them stand about 15 minutes, then back at 450 degrees for 12-15 minutes.
- Makes 18 biscuits (depending upon size).
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Thanksgiving Dinner Cookbook!
Breads and Pastry 101
Girl Scout Campfire Cookbook Troop 60252See More
Holey Moley Dark Mexican Chocolate Dulce De Leche Brownies
Sweet, Salty, Frito CandySee More