- Cooking Time: 12-15
- Servings: 18
- Preparation Time:
- 3 C flour
- 1 1/2 t salt
- 4 t baking powder
- 1/2 t baking soda
- 6 T shortening
- 1 1/2 C thick buttermilk
- Sift dry ingredients together and work in shortening.
- Add buttermilk all at once and stir quickly until flour is all dampened.
- Turn onto a floured board and pat our to 1 inch thickness.
- Cut with floured biscuit cutter and place on greased baking sheet.
- Let them stand about 15 minutes, then back at 450 degrees for 12-15 minutes.
- Makes 18 biscuits (depending upon size).
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and Appetisers
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
Oliver & Grandson's Cajun and Southern CreationsSee More
Pineapple-Black Bean Enchiladas
Mascarpone Brownies With Honey Chocolate Sauce
Chicken RollupsSee More