- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 c flour
- 4 t baking powder
- 1 T sugar
- 1 t salt
- 3/4 t cream of tartar
- 3/4 c butter, chopped
- 1 1/4 c buttermilk (or 1 c milk)
- Mix everything but buttermilk. Make a crater in the mixture. Add buttermilk all at once. Stir until just moistened. Do not overstir.
- Form biscuits. The less handling of the dough, the better (overhandling makes tough biscuits). I just make a lump on the floured surface and press it out with my fingertips until it's a nice thickness, about two fingers high.
- Bake biscuits at 450 for 10-12 minutes, until golden.
- For a variation, add 1/4 c whipping or heavy cream and make drop biscuits instead of formed biscuits.
- Photo is of formed biscuit.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Babette's Test Kitchen
Angel Acres Super Scrumptious Cookie Recipes!
Italy or BustSee More
Salmon & Spinach Pesto Pasta
Antipasto for Kids (Gluten-Free)See More