- Cooking Time: 45
- Servings: 10–12
- Preparation Time: 60
- 3 cups butternut squash, diced ½” cube
- Canola cooking spray
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 4 oz butter
- 3 leeks, washed well and chopped—white and light green parts only
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup milk
- 3 cups bread cubes, brioche crust—trimmed and stale
- 1 cup Gruyère, shredded
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese or Grana Padano, shredded
- Spray cookie sheet and squash with cooking spray and ¼ teaspoon of salt, roast for 15 minutes.
- Drizzle maple syrup on squash and continue to roast for 5 minutes more.
- Take out of oven to cool.
- Melt butter in sauté pan over medium heat.
- Add leeks, salt & pepper to taste and garlic, cover pan and cook the leeks at a lower heat (about 10 minutes).
- In large bowl beat 6 eggs, add cream, milk, leek mixture, squash and bread and ½ of the cheese.
- Let mixture sit for 10 minutes, spray 9" x 12" glass baking dish and pour in ingredients.
- Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake 45 minutes or until bubbling and golden brown.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Jean’s Recipe File
MidLife Road Trip's
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)See More
Rich Chocolate Pecan Pie
Cheesy Stuffed Baked Ziti
GREEN BEAN CASSEROLESee More