- Cooking Time: 45
- Servings: 10–12
- Preparation Time: 60
- 3 cups butternut squash, diced ½” cube
- Canola cooking spray
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 4 oz butter
- 3 leeks, washed well and chopped—white and light green parts only
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup milk
- 3 cups bread cubes, brioche crust—trimmed and stale
- 1 cup Gruyère, shredded
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese or Grana Padano, shredded
- Spray cookie sheet and squash with cooking spray and ¼ teaspoon of salt, roast for 15 minutes.
- Drizzle maple syrup on squash and continue to roast for 5 minutes more.
- Take out of oven to cool.
- Melt butter in sauté pan over medium heat.
- Add leeks, salt & pepper to taste and garlic, cover pan and cook the leeks at a lower heat (about 10 minutes).
- In large bowl beat 6 eggs, add cream, milk, leek mixture, squash and bread and ½ of the cheese.
- Let mixture sit for 10 minutes, spray 9" x 12" glass baking dish and pour in ingredients.
- Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake 45 minutes or until bubbling and golden brown.