- Cooking Time: 25 - 30
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups pureed cooked butternut squash
- ¾ t. nutmeg
- kosher salt (I used nu salt to cut sodium) and black pepper to taste
- 1 T butter
- 2 T flour
- 1 12 oz. can evaporated skim milk
- ½ cup skim milk
- 2 - 4 T chopped fresh sage
- 6 T parmesan, romano or pecorino plus additional for topping
- Shredded mozzarella
- 12 sheets whole wheat lasagna noodles, cooked
- Preheat oven to 375, coat 13x9 pan with cooking spray.
- Cook butternut squash (microwaving is quicker than oven) and puree in food processor adding nutmeg, salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a heavy bottomed saucepan over medium heat. Add flour, mixing well. Add milks slowly and bring to a simmer, whisking constantly. Cook until thickened, about 10 minutes. Add sage, 6 T of parmesean and salt and pepper to taste.
- For each layer: 3 lasagna noodles, 1/3 of butternut squash and mozzarella (sprinkle on as little or as much as you like here). Top with remaining 3 lasagna noodles, mozzarella and parmesean. Pour sauce over top and bake for 25 – 30 minutes.
NotesI love, love butternut squash ravioli and always order it when I see it at a restaurant. But making it at home? Way too much work! So I created a butternut squash lasagna and it was seriously delicious.
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skin
Angel Acres Super Scrumptious Cookie Recipes!
Amsterdam Friends CookbookSee More
Curried Wheat Bread
Chicken Fried Steak (TNT)
BRIE AND PROSCIUTTO FILLED CHILE RELLENOS ON A BED OF FIGS AND ARUGULASee More