- Cooking Time: 25 - 30
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups pureed cooked butternut squash
- ¾ t. nutmeg
- kosher salt (I used nu salt to cut sodium) and black pepper to taste
- 1 T butter
- 2 T flour
- 1 12 oz. can evaporated skim milk
- ½ cup skim milk
- 2 - 4 T chopped fresh sage
- 6 T parmesan, romano or pecorino plus additional for topping
- Shredded mozzarella
- 12 sheets whole wheat lasagna noodles, cooked
- Preheat oven to 375, coat 13x9 pan with cooking spray.
- Cook butternut squash (microwaving is quicker than oven) and puree in food processor adding nutmeg, salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a heavy bottomed saucepan over medium heat. Add flour, mixing well. Add milks slowly and bring to a simmer, whisking constantly. Cook until thickened, about 10 minutes. Add sage, 6 T of parmesean and salt and pepper to taste.
- For each layer: 3 lasagna noodles, 1/3 of butternut squash and mozzarella (sprinkle on as little or as much as you like here). Top with remaining 3 lasagna noodles, mozzarella and parmesean. Pour sauce over top and bake for 25 – 30 minutes.
NotesI love, love butternut squash ravioli and always order it when I see it at a restaurant. But making it at home? Way too much work! So I created a butternut squash lasagna and it was seriously delicious.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry 2013
The Naked Macaron
I'm Making Cookies! with Douglas E. WelchSee More
Picnic Chicken SaladSee More