- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time:
- 1 small butternut squash
- 1 can fat free chicken broth or use vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup yellow onion, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup part skim milk ricotta cheese
- 1/3 cup fresh basil leaves, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 50-count package of wonton wrappers
- 3 Tbs. cornstarch, mixed with equal parts cold water
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 Tbs. Italian parsley
- 1/4 cup tomato, diced
- recipe directions
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Cut butternut squash in half, remove seeds. Place cut sides down in a baking sheet sprayed with nonstick spray, add 1/2 inch of water and bake uncovered for 30 to 40 minutes or until tender. Cool.
- Pour 1/4 cup broth in skillet and sautî`nion and garlic. Transfer to a large bowl. Scoop out squash and place in the bowl with ricotta cheese, basil, salt and pepper. Mash to a coarse paste.
- For each ravioli, place a wonton wrapper on a lightly floured surface. Spoon filling, about the diameter of a 50-cent piece and about 1/4-inch thick, onto the center of the wrapper. Lightly wet the edges of the wonton with the cornstarch mixture. Lay a second wrapper over the filling and press the edges onto the bottom piece. Trim edges with ravioli or pastry cutter.
- Carefully place filled ravioli in a large pot of boiling water, one at a time and stirring very gently. Cook for about four to five minutes.
- Remove cooked ravioli with slotted spoon and place on plate. Drizzle with warmed broth and top with parmesan cheese, chopped tomato and parsley.
Cooking with THE HOLMES SISTERS Volume 1 "As seen on 3ABN"
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!
Breads and Breakfasts: Bakin' Without Eggs...or Dairy!See More
Tortellini with Pumpkin Alfredo Sauce
GRILLED MISO-CITRUS SCALLOP LOLLIPOPS
Chocolate Panna CottaSee More