- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 med butternut squash
- 1 cup microwaveable brown rice
- 1 Tsp olive oil
- 1 lrg shallot(minced)
- 2 Tsp fresh ginger(minced,peeled)
- 1 (14oz)can chicken broth
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese(grated)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Cut squash in half lengthwise. Scoop out seeds and stringy flesh. Place the squash halves, cut sides down, on plastic wrap in microwave. Cook on high 10min or until cooked through. Scoop flesh into medium bowl, stir until smooth, and set aside. Microwave rice according to pkg directions, omitting butter. Heat oil in med saucepan over med heat. Add shallot and ginger; cook 2min, stirring. Add rice. Alternately stir in squash and broth, 1/2cup at a time; wait until each is absorbed before adding more. Remove from heat; stir in 1/2cup Parmesan, salt, and pepper. Serve in bowls; garnish with cheese, if desired.
NotesThis is one of my favorite types of squash. My granma used to make it for me when I was younger. Hope you like it.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Disney's Tinker Bell "Secret of the Wings Cookbook"
Gluten-Free - Making do with what you got!See More
Grandma Helen's Amazing Kolaches
Lemon Cucumber Tofu Salad
POTATO FRITTERSSee More