- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- 2 lb. butternut squash
- 2-3 garlic cloves, skin left on
- 1/2 cup heavy cream, half-and-half, or milk
- 1 cup water or chicken broth
- 1/4 tsp dried sage or parsley
- Salt and pepper
- Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375F. Cut butternut squash in half and scoop out seeds; save for roasting later. If you are having trouble cutting the squash, boil in water for about 10 minutes or until soft enough to cut. Place garlic cloves around squash. Bake for about 40 minutes.
- Bring water to a boil and cook pasta.
- Meanwhile, when cool enough to handle, remove skins from garlic cloves. Taking one half of squash, scoop out squash and place in a food processor or blender. You only need one half, so use the other half in another recipe. Chop garlic into big chunks and place in blender/processor. Puree for about a minute. Add cream/milk; puree some more. Add water/broth until desired consistency. You may need to add more or less. Add sage/parsley, salt, and pepper.
- When pasta is done, pour sauce on top and toss. Sprinkle parmesan cheese on top.
NotesSometimes, you just don't know what to do with extra butternut squash. I already made soup. I made wontons with it. I almost made rolls, but I didn't. I was thinking that there are recipes for roasted red pepper sauce. Why not roasted butternut squash sauce?
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can Enjoy
Happy Father's Day Day... Your Favorite RecipesSee More
ENGLISH MUFFIN PIZZA
Salted Caramel Apple Cups
Meatball MuffinsSee More