- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 10 cups
- Preparation Time:
- 2 T butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 6 cups vegetable stock or broth
- 1 3-inch piece Parmesan rind
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 lbs. butternut squash, peeled, seeded, diced in 1 inch pieces
- 2 T grated Parmesan
- 3 fresh sage leaves, chopped (I like more in mine)
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/8 tsp cayenne
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Melt butter and saute onion and celery 5 minutes.
- Add broth, rind, bay leaves; bring to boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes.
- Add squash and simmer 20 minutes until tender.
- Remove rind and bay leaves.
- Puree in blender or with immersion blender.
- Return to pot and stir in grated Parmesan, sage, salt, nutmeg, pepper and cayenne. Simmer 2 minutes to heat through.
- Top bowls with parsley.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!
Just Desserts - Top 20 from the Culinary Alchemy BlogSee More
Honey Cake (mézeskalács) As My Mother Makes
Delicious, flaky, lard-free pie crustSee More