- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2/3 cup diced carrot
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 2/3 cup diced onion
- 4 cups cubed butternut squash
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 4 to 6 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- Sea salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- Heat olive oil in a large soup pot. Add carrot, celery and onion. Cook until vegetables have begun to soften and onion turns translucent, 3 to 4 minutes. Add butternut squash and thyme. Stir to combine with vegetables. Stir in chicken broth and season with salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until squash is fork-tender, about 30 minutes. Use an immersion blender to puree soup. Alternatively, let the soup cool slightly and carefully puree in batches in a traditional blender.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for BreakfastSee More
Cherry Chip Cheesecake BarsSee More