- Cooking Time: 50
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 5
- 1 butternut squash
- 1 pear
- 2 cups soy milk
- 1 veggie broth bouillon cube
- 1/2 teaspoon sage
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 apple, diced
- Cut the squash in 1/2 and place face down in a glass dish, with about 1″ of water in the dish.
- Bake for 30-45 minutes at 350 degrees until the squash is easily pierced with a fork.
- Then peel (or scoop out the soft pulp) and place the squash in the Vitamix.
- Slice the pear in half and add to the Vitamix along with the soy milk, veggie broth cube and spices.
- Blend on high for a few minutes until the soup is hot and the consistency is a velvety texture.
- Scoop into bowls and serve with a sprinkling of diced apple and a bit of cinnamon. Enjoy!
NotesThis soup is one of the pleasures of the colder autumn weather. It’s perfect for a light, healthy lunch or dinner.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie Challenge
'CHEF' the Film Cookbook: Recipes from El Jefe
MidLife Road Trip'sSee More
Holey Moley Dark Mexican Chocolate Dulce De Leche Brownies
Sweet, Salty, Frito CandySee More