- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6-8
- Preparation Time:
- 3 Med butternut squash
- 4-6 slices of bacon
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 medium onion
- 2 cans of chicken broth (or equivalent )
- 1 cup water
- salt & pepper to taste
- Cook bacon until crisp.
- Meanwhile, peel squash and cut into 1 inch cubes.
- Remove bacon and all but 2 tablespoons of bacon grease.
- Saute garlic and onion about 5 minutes.
- Add cubed squash and saute another 5-10 minutes.
- Add chicken broth, salt & pepper. Simmer 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and transfer to blender, pureeing in batches until smooth.
- Reheat if necessary and/or serve.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gluten-Free and Delicious
Vegan Glass Jar Goodies
Favourites from Ana's Romanian KitchenSee More
Two Layer Peppermint Bark
Spicy Bean Tamales
The Best Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies Ever!See More