- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6-8
- Preparation Time:
- 3 Med butternut squash
- 4-6 slices of bacon
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 medium onion
- 2 cans of chicken broth (or equivalent )
- 1 cup water
- salt & pepper to taste
- Cook bacon until crisp.
- Meanwhile, peel squash and cut into 1 inch cubes.
- Remove bacon and all but 2 tablespoons of bacon grease.
- Saute garlic and onion about 5 minutes.
- Add cubed squash and saute another 5-10 minutes.
- Add chicken broth, salt & pepper. Simmer 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and transfer to blender, pureeing in batches until smooth.
- Reheat if necessary and/or serve.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Thanksgiving Dinner Cookbook!
Happy Father's Day Day... Your Favorite Recipes
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at PesahSee More
Prickly Pear Margarita
Creamy Candy Bar Dessert
Hector's HurricanesSee More