- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 butternut squash, halved and seeded
- 1 acorn squash, halved and seeded
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet onion (I omitted)
- 1 quart chicken broth
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened (I omitted the cream cheese and used a bit of milk and a splash of cream instead)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- ground cinnamon to taste (optional)
- fresh parsley, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Place the squash halves cut side down in a baking dish. Bake 45 minutes, or until tender. Remove from heat, and cool slightly. Scoop the pulp from the skins. Discard skins.
- Melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat, and saute the onion until tender.
- In a blender or food processor, blend the squash pulp, onion, broth, brown sugar, cream cheese, pepper, and cinnamon until smooth. This may be done in several batches.
- Transfer the soup to a pot over medium heat, and cook, stirring occasionally, until heated through. Garnish with parsley, and serve warm.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Naked Macaron
Classic Chocolate Recipes
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or PartySee More
Easy Graham Cracker Ginger Bread House
Pecan Almond MuffinsSee More