BUTTERSCOTCH BANANA BREAD
- Cooking Time: 50-55 minutes
- Servings: 24
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 very ripe bananas, slightly mashed
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 1 cup walnuts, lightly toasted and chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. F; butter and flour two 9 X 5 X 3 loaf pans.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon; set aside.
- Fit a stand mixer with the paddle attachment. Beat the bananas, sour cream, eggs, butter, brown sugar, and vanilla until well blended, about 2 minutes. Spoon the flour mixture into the banana mixture and beat on low speed until just blended. Stir in the butterscotch chips and walnuts.
- Divide the batter evenly between the two loaf pans. Bake for 50 to 55 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans. Cool completely on a wire rack before slicing.
NotesWhat better way is there to use up ripe bananas than with banana bread? This recipe is filled with brown sugar and butterscotch chips to make it extra tasty!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Austin Personal Training Recipes
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!
Food Travels Through ItalySee More
Smitten Million Dollar Peanut Butter CookiesSee More