- Cooking Time: 50-55 minutes
- Servings: 24
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
BackstoryWhat better way is there to use up ripe bananas than with banana bread? This recipe is filled with brown sugar and butterscotch chips to make it extra tasty!
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 very ripe bananas, slightly mashed
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 1 cup walnuts, lightly toasted and chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. F; butter and flour two 9 X 5 X 3 loaf pans.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon; set aside.
- Fit a stand mixer with the paddle attachment. Beat the bananas, sour cream, eggs, butter, brown sugar, and vanilla until well blended, about 2 minutes. Spoon the flour mixture into the banana mixture and beat on low speed until just blended. Stir in the butterscotch chips and walnuts.
- Divide the batter evenly between the two loaf pans. Bake for 50 to 55 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans. Cool completely on a wire rack before slicing.