- Cooking Time: 1 hour
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 5 minutes
- 10 ounces stale bread
- 4 cups milk
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 3 eggs beaten
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 1. Whisk milk, sugar, butter, eggs, and vanilla.
- 2. Stir in bread cubes and butterscotch chips; mixture will be the consistency of oatmeal. Pour into buttered 9x13 baking dish.
- 3. Bake at 350 for 1 hour. Will wiggle a bit when it comes out of oven.
- For scotcheroo variety, use 1/3 cup chocolate. 1/3 cup peanut buter, 1/3 cup butterscotch chips.
NotesMy Aunt whips up a nasty butterscotch bread pudding in like 5 minutes....so very yummy! =] Serve warm or cold with ice cream.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
Adventures in Cooking
Vegan Eats!See More
Curried Eggplant with Coconut Milk
Cube Steaks Paprika
Crockpot Rice Pork ChopsSee More