- Cooking Time: 1 hour
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 5 minutes
- 10 ounces stale bread
- 4 cups milk
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 3 eggs beaten
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 1. Whisk milk, sugar, butter, eggs, and vanilla.
- 2. Stir in bread cubes and butterscotch chips; mixture will be the consistency of oatmeal. Pour into buttered 9x13 baking dish.
- 3. Bake at 350 for 1 hour. Will wiggle a bit when it comes out of oven.
- For scotcheroo variety, use 1/3 cup chocolate. 1/3 cup peanut buter, 1/3 cup butterscotch chips.
NotesMy Aunt whips up a nasty butterscotch bread pudding in like 5 minutes....so very yummy! =] Serve warm or cold with ice cream.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
St.George YMCA-YWCA Before and After School Cookbook
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry!
The Italian ExchangeSee More
Honey Cake (mézeskalács) As My Mother Makes
Delicious, flaky, lard-free pie crustSee More