- Cooking Time: 10
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 2 eggs(well beaten)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 cup coconut
- Cream shortening and sugar. Add eggs. mix well. Add vanilla.
- Sift flour, measure, and sift with salt, baking soda, and cream of tartar. Add to first mixture. Add coconut. Mix thoroughly.
- Form into rolls 2 inches in diameter. Chill overnight. Cut in thin slices.
- Place on slightly greased baking sheet. Bake in hot oven(420 degrees) for about 10min.
- Remove from oven and let cool on metal rack. Enjoy!
NotesThese are oh so good. I forget where I got the recipe but I do love it. I hope you do too.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and Appetisers
MetroCooking Texas 2013See More
Roasted Butternut Bisque with Spicy Pumpkin Seeds
Julia's Fudge Puddles (Modified from allrecipes.com)
Seven More SinsSee More