- Cooking Time: 10
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 2 eggs(well beaten)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 cup coconut
- Cream shortening and sugar. Add eggs. mix well. Add vanilla.
- Sift flour, measure, and sift with salt, baking soda, and cream of tartar. Add to first mixture. Add coconut. Mix thoroughly.
- Form into rolls 2 inches in diameter. Chill overnight. Cut in thin slices.
- Place on slightly greased baking sheet. Bake in hot oven(420 degrees) for about 10min.
- Remove from oven and let cool on metal rack. Enjoy!
NotesThese are oh so good. I forget where I got the recipe but I do love it. I hope you do too.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law Libraries
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013
A Falcon FeastSee More
ICE CREAM IN A MARTINI GLASS RIMMED WITH OREO CRUMBS
Cupcake Wars Winning Peaches 'n Cream Cupcakes
Monkfish Stew in White Wine SauceSee More