- Cooking Time: 10 minutes + cooling
- Servings: 24 servings
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes + chilling
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 packages (3-1/2 ounces each) cook-and-serve butterscotch pudding mix
- 3 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs. Combine the flour, pudding mixes, ginger, baking powder and cinnamon; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut with lightly floured cookie cutters. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 6-8 minutes or until firm. Remove to wire racks to cool. Decorate as desired.
NotesEvery time I make these wonderful cookies, the spicy aroma takes me back to my childhood. I helped Grandma make and deliver them to neighbors.
This recipe is Diabetic Friendly.