- Cooking Time: 10 minutes + cooling
- Servings: 24 servings
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes + chilling
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 packages (3-1/2 ounces each) cook-and-serve butterscotch pudding mix
- 3 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs. Combine the flour, pudding mixes, ginger, baking powder and cinnamon; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut with lightly floured cookie cutters. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 6-8 minutes or until firm. Remove to wire racks to cool. Decorate as desired.
NotesEvery time I make these wonderful cookies, the spicy aroma takes me back to my childhood. I helped Grandma make and deliver them to neighbors.
This recipe is Diabetic Friendly.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
KITCHEN CAUCUS Liberal Helpings
Babette's Test KitchenSee More
Ensalada Tibia con Nueces
Bibi's Cheese FlanSee More