- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 package white cake mix
- 4 ounce package butterscotch instant pudding mix
- 1 cup water
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup cooking oil
- 1/2 cup chocolate syrup
- 2 ounces semi-sweet baking chocolate, chopped
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease and flour a 10-inch Bundt pan. Set aside.
- Combine cake mix, pudding mix, 1 cup water, eggs, and oil. Using an electric mixer on low speed, mix until combined. Increase speed to medium and beat for 2 minutes, scraping down sides as needed.
- Transfer 1 & 1/2 cups of cake batter to another bowl. Stir in chocolate syrup. Pour light batter into pan. Top with chocolate batter. Using a knife or metal spatula, gently swirl through the batters to marble.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes, until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack for 15 minutes. Remove cake from pan and cool completely on wire rack.
- Combine chocolate and butter in a small saucepan. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until melted. Remove from heat and stir in powdered sugar and hot water. Add additional hot water, 1 teaspoon at a time, if necessary to attain drizzling consistency. Drizzle icing over cake.
Breads and Breakfasts: Bakin' Without Eggs...or Dairy!
Just Desserts - Top 20 from the Culinary Alchemy BlogSee More
Gluten Free Gingerbread Cupcake with Browned Butter Butter Cream Frosting
Cinnamon Blueberry Crumble
Mrs. Jackson’s Grits – “Selma”See More