- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 Cup Soymilk
- 1 Teaspoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Canola Oil
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/2 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 Cup Whole Wheat Pastry Flour
- 1 3.5-Ounce Package Instant Butterscotch Pudding
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Cup Chocolate ChipsPreheat your oven to 350 degrees and liberally grease a medium loaf pan.
- Combine the soymilk and vinegar and let the mixture stand for a few minutes to curdle. Use your stand or hand mixer to mix it on a high speed, until it becomes nice and frothy. Then add in your sugar and oil, mixing again to combine.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, pudding mix, baking soda and powder, and salt. Slowly incorporate these dry ingredients into the wet, pausing so that the mixer can process everything. Finally, toss in your chocolate chips and stir to distribute.
- Pour your batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake for 45 - 50 minutes, until golden brown on the outside and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let the loaf rest for at least 15 minutes before moving it to a cooling rack. Tempting as it may be, try to resist cutting it until it has fully cooled, and do use a serrated knife!
- [This recipe and many others can be found on my blog at http://www.bittersweetblog.wordpress.com, and look out for my upcoming cookbook, My Sweet Vegan, available on
NotesSoft, delightfully chewy around the edges, and hinting of caramel undertones, I don’t know if you even need the chocolate chips to make this easy treat irresistible. Of course, it certainly didn’t hurt to include it, either.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
NFPG Recipe Collection
Adventures in Cooking
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSWSee More
Soft Pumpkin Cookies with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
Hot 'n Beefy Stuffed Pepper
Ginger Peach Upside Down CakeSee More