- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 8 tbsp. unsalted butter
- (like Meggle Unsalted Alpine butter)
- 2 tbsp. light corn syrup
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup light brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp. dark rum
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 tsp. fine salt
- 1⁄2 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- Heat butter, corn syrup, and 1⁄4 cup water in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until butter has melted.
- Stir in granulated sugar and brown sugar; scrape down sides of pan with a rubber spatula. Bring mixture to a boil over medium heat, without stirring. Cook until light brown and a candy thermometer inserted in sauce reads 245°, 6–8 minutes.
- Remove from heat; carefully add heavy cream, rum, vanilla extract, salt, and lemon juice; stir to combine. Let sauce cool to room temperature.
- Serve over ice cream.
- MAKES 2 CUPS
NotesFrom Saveur magazine
Cooking butter with sugar causes milk solids to caramelize, giving butterscotch sauce its delicious flavor.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Camp Nubar Baking Class
Austin Personal Training RecipesSee More
Almond or Oat Milk
Roasted Rack Of Lamb Persillade
Nathan M’s German Apple Pancakes, modified from Emeril's “There’s a Chef in My World” Cook bookSee More