BUTTERSCOTCH TOFFEE SQUARES
- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted and cooled slightly
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk chocolate toffee bits (such as Heath®)
- 1. Preheat oven to 350F. Coat an 8-inch square pan with cooking spray. Line with foil, letting edges extend over 2 sides. Coat foil with spray.
- 2. Sift flour and baking powder. Beat butter, sugar, egg and vanilla with a mixer until blended. Turn to low speed, add flour mixture and beat just until combined. Beat in toffee bits. Spread evenly in pan.
- 3. Bake 22 minutes or until a tester comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack. Remove from pan with foil and cut into 16 bars.
- Recipe by Jean Kressy
- Relish Tailgating, "Take It Outside," Sept. 2007.
- Nutritional Information
- Per bar: 190 calories, 9g fat, 2g prot., 27g carbs., 0g fiber, 110mg sodium.
NotesI made these for my carpool partner's birthday last week. Makes a small batch of brownie like bars. Used Heath mini bars for the filling. Also used dark brown sugar as that is what I had in the cupboard. They were really good but a bit darker in color.
Recipe by Jean Kressy
Relish Tailgating, "Take It Outside," Sept. 2007.
Nutritional Information - Per bar: 190 calories, 9g fat, 2g prot., 27g carbs., 0g fiber, 110mg sodium