- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted and cooled slightly
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk chocolate toffee bits (such as Heath®)
- 1. Preheat oven to 350F. Coat an 8-inch square pan with cooking spray. Line with foil, letting edges extend over 2 sides. Coat foil with spray.
- 2. Sift flour and baking powder. Beat butter, sugar, egg and vanilla with a mixer until blended. Turn to low speed, add flour mixture and beat just until combined. Beat in toffee bits. Spread evenly in pan.
- 3. Bake 22 minutes or until a tester comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack. Remove from pan with foil and cut into 16 bars.
- Recipe by Jean Kressy
- Relish Tailgating, "Take It Outside," Sept. 2007.
- Nutritional Information
- Per bar: 190 calories, 9g fat, 2g prot., 27g carbs., 0g fiber, 110mg sodium.
NotesI made these for my carpool partner's birthday last week. Makes a small batch of brownie like bars. Used Heath mini bars for the filling. Also used dark brown sugar as that is what I had in the cupboard. They were really good but a bit darker in color.
Recipe by Jean Kressy
Relish Tailgating, "Take It Outside," Sept. 2007.
Nutritional Information - Per bar: 190 calories, 9g fat, 2g prot., 27g carbs., 0g fiber, 110mg sodium
YummyMix.com's Blended Drink Recipes
Healthy Blender Recipes: Vegan Drinks, Shakes & Smoothies
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or PartySee More
Fojos (Flourless Chocolate Cupcakes with Ancho Chili and Whipped Cream)
Crab And Shrimp Pasta
Graham Cracker Peanut Butter Balls (Truffles)See More