- Cooking Time: 50-60 minutes
- Servings: 8-10
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- 1 unbaked pie crust, recipe follows
- Reynolds® Parchment Paper
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 1 jar (12.5 oz) butterscotch ice cream topping
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon bourbon
- 1 1/2 cups chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In medium bowl, combine beaten eggs, butterscotch topping, melted butter, sugar, salt and bourbon. Mix until well-blended.
- Sprinkle walnuts evenly over bottom of pie crust. Pour butterscotch filling over walnuts.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until knife inserted halfway between center and edge of pie comes out clean. Serve warm or cold, with whipped topping if desired.
- For pie crust, stir 1 1/4 cups flour and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a mixing bowl. Cut in 1/3 cup shortening or lard until pieces are the size of small peas. Sprinkle with 3-4 tablespoons of cold water and form dough into a ball. Place dough in center of two large pieces of Reynolds® Parchment Paper. Roll dough with rolling pin from center to edge, forming a circle about 12 inches in diameter. Peel off one piece of parchment paper and center dough over a 9 inch pie plate. Carefully peel off the second piece of parchment paper. Fold under any extra dough and make a fluted edge.
NotesI had a jar of butterscotch ice cream topping in the cupboard and I decided to get creative. The result was this really good nut pie, similar to pecan, but with just a little "je ne sais quoi". Sometimes, I use a mixture of pecans and walnuts.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gluten-Free - Making do with what you got!
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for Lunch
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or PartySee More
Smooth Tomato & Creamy Tofu Sauce