- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 64
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup butter (no substitutes!)
- 2 1/4 cups packed light brown sugar
- Dash of salt
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped nuts
- Butter a 9" square pan and set aside (do not over-butter or the caramels will be greasy).
- Melt butter in a heavy 3-quart saucepan over medium heat; stir in brown sugar and salt. Stir in corn syrup.
- Slowly pour in milk, stirring constantly until combined. Using a candy thermometer, cook to 248ºF (about 25 minutes), stirring occasionally (the mixture will be very bubbly).
- Remove saucepan from heat and stir in vanilla extract and nuts. Immediately pour into prepared pan. Let cool completely before cutting into 1" squares.
- Wrap each square in wax paper or plastic wrap and store in an airtight container at room temperature. Makes about 2 pounds (about 64 pieces).
Happy Father's Day Day... Your Favorite Recipes
VivaVeganGal's Family Favorites
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie TreatsSee More
Grilled Chicken and Orange Skewers with Zucchini Rice
Endive Rhubarb Salad
COTTAGE CHEESE BRUNCH BLINTZESSee More