- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 64
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup butter (no substitutes!)
- 2 1/4 cups packed light brown sugar
- Dash of salt
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped nuts
- Butter a 9" square pan and set aside (do not over-butter or the caramels will be greasy).
- Melt butter in a heavy 3-quart saucepan over medium heat; stir in brown sugar and salt. Stir in corn syrup.
- Slowly pour in milk, stirring constantly until combined. Using a candy thermometer, cook to 248ºF (about 25 minutes), stirring occasionally (the mixture will be very bubbly).
- Remove saucepan from heat and stir in vanilla extract and nuts. Immediately pour into prepared pan. Let cool completely before cutting into 1" squares.
- Wrap each square in wax paper or plastic wrap and store in an airtight container at room temperature. Makes about 2 pounds (about 64 pieces).
Basic Blends: Healthy Juicing Recipes
Best of Eva's Family Recipes
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can EnjoySee More
Zesty Taco Stew with Cheddar-Stuffed Cornbread Dumplings
Fried OystersSee More