- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 64
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup butter (no substitutes!)
- 2 1/4 cups packed light brown sugar
- Dash of salt
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped nuts
- Butter a 9" square pan and set aside (do not over-butter or the caramels will be greasy).
- Melt butter in a heavy 3-quart saucepan over medium heat; stir in brown sugar and salt. Stir in corn syrup.
- Slowly pour in milk, stirring constantly until combined. Using a candy thermometer, cook to 248ºF (about 25 minutes), stirring occasionally (the mixture will be very bubbly).
- Remove saucepan from heat and stir in vanilla extract and nuts. Immediately pour into prepared pan. Let cool completely before cutting into 1" squares.
- Wrap each square in wax paper or plastic wrap and store in an airtight container at room temperature. Makes about 2 pounds (about 64 pieces).
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Julie Tries ... Her Friends' Recipes
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry!
Healthy Blender Recipes: Vegan Drinks, Shakes & SmoothiesSee More
Holey Moley Dark Mexican Chocolate Dulce De Leche Brownies
Sweet, Salty, Frito CandySee More