- Cooking Time: 50
- Servings: 12 to 16
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 eggs, room temperature
- 4 cups flour
- 1 cup whole or 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Make cake in one 10" bundt, two 9x5 loaf pans, or four 8x4 inch loaf cakes.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Generously grease and flour the pans.
- Place the butter and sugar in the bowl of a mixer fitted with a paddle and beat until smooth and creamy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well and scraping down the bowl before each addition.
- Add 2 cups of flour and beat well.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl and add the milk and vanilla, continuing to beat.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl and add the baking powder, salt and remaining 2 cups flour. Beat well.
- Pour into the prepared pans.
- If you are using more than one pan, be sure the batter comes to the halfway point.
- Transfer to the oven and bake until the cake pulls away from the sides of the pan and a tester comes out clean, about 1 hour for the bundt pan, 50 minutes for the 9x5 inch loaf pan, and 45
- minutes for the smaller pans.
- Cool for 20 minutes in the pan, and then invert on a rack.
- Cool to room temperature and cut into 12-16 pieces.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Eco-Chefs Kids Culinary Cookbook
Sharing Christmas with Friends
Short & SweetSee More
Louisiana Crabmeat Stuffed Artichoke
Slow-Cooker Chicken Tortilla SoupSee More