By Far the Best Chicken Parmigiana
Fresh Tomato Sauce (Crockpot) Recipe:
4 cups tomatoes -- peeled, seeded and finely chopped
1 medium red or white onion -- minced
1 1/2 teaspoons basil (fresh if possible)
1 teaspoon sugar
1 can tomato paste -- (6 oz)
4 garlic cloves -- crushed
1/4 teaspoon oregano
1 dash red pepper
* 3 egg, beaten
* 6 ounces dry bread crumbs
* 6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
* All of the sauce or 2-1/4 (16 ounce) jars spaghetti sauce
* 6 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
* 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Fresh Tomato Sauce (Crockpot) Recipe
Combine all ingredients in lightly oiled Crock Pot (I use virgin oil). Cover and cook on low for 6 - 12 hrs., high about 4 hrs.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a medium baking sheet.
2. Pour egg into a small shallow bowl. Place bread crumbs in a separate shallow bowl. Dip chicken into egg, then into the bread crumbs.
Place coated chicken on the prepared baking sheet and bake in the preheated oven for 40 minutes, or until no longer pink and juices run clear. (I cooked it for 30 mins)
3. Pour 1/2 of the spaghetti sauce into a 7x11 inch baking dish. Place chicken over sauce, and cover with remaining sauce. Sprinkle mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses on top and return to the preheated oven for 20 minutes.
Pairs Well With
This is the greatest recipe i've ever made... I was told it tasted like from a restaurant.