- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 3 cups thinly sliced cabbage (savoy or green)
- 1 large carrot, sliced
- 1 tbsp. chopped garlic
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 2 can (14 1/2 oz. each) chicken broth
- 1 can (14 1/2 or 16 oz.) whole tomatoes in juice
- 1 cup water
- 2 cans (16 or 19 oz. each) cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1. Heat oil in large saucepot. Add cabbage, carrot, garlic, salt and pepper; cover and cook 2 minutes, until cabbage starts to wilt. Increase heat to high; add broth, tomatoes and their juice and water. Cover; bring to a boil and cook 7 to 9 minutes, until vegetables are tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, remove 1 1/4 cups beans to a plate; puree remaining beans in food processor or blender.
- 3. Add reserved beans and bean puree to saucepot and cook 2 minutes until soup is hot.
- Makes 4 servings.
NotesWould you believe when I need cabbage for another meal I save some for soup? To make this vegetarian you can switch the chicken broth with vegetable broth.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Watt's Cooking in PA?
KITCHEN CAUCUS Conservative Creations
The Italian ExchangeSee More
Dark chocolate truffle tart with flax seeds
Khatta Meetha Karela
Roasted Butternut Squash SoupSee More