- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 3 cups thinly sliced cabbage (savoy or green)
- 1 large carrot, sliced
- 1 tbsp. chopped garlic
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 2 can (14 1/2 oz. each) chicken broth
- 1 can (14 1/2 or 16 oz.) whole tomatoes in juice
- 1 cup water
- 2 cans (16 or 19 oz. each) cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1. Heat oil in large saucepot. Add cabbage, carrot, garlic, salt and pepper; cover and cook 2 minutes, until cabbage starts to wilt. Increase heat to high; add broth, tomatoes and their juice and water. Cover; bring to a boil and cook 7 to 9 minutes, until vegetables are tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, remove 1 1/4 cups beans to a plate; puree remaining beans in food processor or blender.
- 3. Add reserved beans and bean puree to saucepot and cook 2 minutes until soup is hot.
- Makes 4 servings.
NotesWould you believe when I need cabbage for another meal I save some for soup? To make this vegetarian you can switch the chicken broth with vegetable broth.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day Feast
I'm Making Cookies! with Douglas E. Welch
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or PartySee More
Edamame and Radish Slaw
Lisa Lovegood's Butterbeer Cake
Rustic Whole Wheat Garlic & Herb PizzaSee More