- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 3 cups thinly sliced cabbage (savoy or green)
- 1 large carrot, sliced
- 1 tbsp. chopped garlic
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 2 can (14 1/2 oz. each) chicken broth
- 1 can (14 1/2 or 16 oz.) whole tomatoes in juice
- 1 cup water
- 2 cans (16 or 19 oz. each) cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1. Heat oil in large saucepot. Add cabbage, carrot, garlic, salt and pepper; cover and cook 2 minutes, until cabbage starts to wilt. Increase heat to high; add broth, tomatoes and their juice and water. Cover; bring to a boil and cook 7 to 9 minutes, until vegetables are tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, remove 1 1/4 cups beans to a plate; puree remaining beans in food processor or blender.
- 3. Add reserved beans and bean puree to saucepot and cook 2 minutes until soup is hot.
- Makes 4 servings.
NotesWould you believe when I need cabbage for another meal I save some for soup? To make this vegetarian you can switch the chicken broth with vegetable broth.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Second Grade Holiday Cookbook
Fun appetizers and snacks
Holidays = Desserts = HappinessSee More
Chicken Cordon Bleu
Fudgy Caramel DelightSee More