- Cooking Time: 5
- Servings: 2
- Preparation Time: 10
- For 2 people
- 100 grams of grated Pecorino Romano
- Pepper (more is better)
- 2-3 tablespoon olive oil
- some hot water, taken from the water for cooking pasta
- 150-200 grams of Spaghetti
- Boil water to cook pasta and cook it.
- Meanwhile, put in a pan, the olive oil as many black pepper you like. More is better.
- In a dish mix Pecorino and hot water till you obtain a cream.
- When pasta is just a little bit cooked ("al dente"), add it in the pan. Mix with oil and pepper. Finally add the cheese cream.
Notes"Cacio e pepe" is a typical Roman recipe. It's sound easy. The name is literally cheese and pepper. Yes, it's simple but not so basic.
First lesson: The chesse must be Pecorino Romano.
Second lesson: Pepper has a key role
Third lesson: No other ingredients, just olive oil (in my version) and hot water
The secret? The hot water
Sauce du Jour Culinary Institution: where every crazy chef gets a sharp knife
Jesuit Tampa - Between Practice and Homework
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy FoodSee More
Salted Caramel - Sauce and/or squares
All the food groups in one dish...if you consider tomatoes a fruit :)!
Hanky PankySee More