Why I Love This Recipe
Here's one of my sushi recipe collection I made for dinner. It's almost 2 decades ago when I first tasted this recipe-like in a newly built Japanese restaurant before (Karate Kid) at SM Sta. Mesa. I think they were closed there nowadays but you can still find them in some other mall areas, just google it :-) It was a hot summer so I thought of making this one, such a flashback and a nice mood for a biteful meal, like indulging in with my favorite cool drink.
Ingredients You'll Need
4 strips cucumber (3 inches)
6 strips carrot (2 inches)
5 strips of native mango
4 crab meat, fried
1 1/2 cup sushi rice
To Make a Sushi Rice:
To a small bowl of 1 tsp of white vinegar (rice vinegar,if you have it). Stir in 1 tsp of sugar and 1 tsp of salt. Heat until crystals are dissolved or microwave it for 15 seconds. Mixed it with warm 2 cups of rice.
Time to Roll a Nori:
1. Put Nori on the board, shiny part facing down.
2. Fill the nori with rice while spreading evenly, pressing down the sheet.
3. Leave 1 inch space at the end of the nori.
4. Use gloves to roll sushi so that the rice will not stick on your hands.
5. Put your thumb below the edge of the nori then lift up slowly while holding the fillings down with your four fingers.
6. Roll up then give a grip downward, pushing towards the end of nori.
To Cut Nori:
1. Wet knife before slicing sushi.
2. Hold sushi with one hand leaving an inch then slice.
3. Slice 1 inch in every sushi roll.
4. Wet again the knife as often as you slice the roll (around 3 cut).