- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3/4 cup butter, unsalted
- 4 (1 oz.) squares unsweetened chocolate
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1-1/4 cups flour
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 12 oz. chocolate chips
- 14 oz. soft caramels, unwrapped
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Line a 13” x 9” pan with nonstick foil.
- Melt together butter and chocolate over low heat, until smooth.
- Stir in eggs, sugar, flour and vanilla.
- Pour half the batter into pan and top with 1 cup chocolate chips.
- In a saucepan, melt together caramels and heavy cream over medium heat until smooth, about 5 minutes.
- Pour the caramel mixture over the batter already in pan and then spread the remaining batter on top and sprinkle with remaining 1 cup chocolate chips.
- Bake in 350°F oven about 35 minutes.