- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryMaking this tea from scratch is easier than you might think. Simply steep black tea with cinnamon, cardamom, clove and ginger. Dairy, soy or almond milk can be used in this recipe. Serve hot or iced.
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 6 whole green cardamom pods
- 6 whole cloves
- 1 (1-inch) piece ginger root, peeled and sliced
- 4 black peppercorns
- 3 cups water
- 2 black tea bags or 1 tablespoon loose organic black tea
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- Ingredient Options: Use non-dairy milk for a vegan version.
- Place cinnamon stick, cardamom, cloves, ginger, peppercorns and water in a saucepan. Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce the heat to simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and allow the mixture to steep for 10 minutes. Return to a boil. Remove from heat, add tea bags and let steep for 3 to 5 minutes. Strain the tea and return to the saucepan. Add brown sugar and milk while stirring over low heat for one minute. Serve immediately