- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 9 cups flour - divided use
- 1 1/4 c sugar
- 3 packages of dry yeast
- 1 Tbsp salt
- 2 1/2 c lukewarm water
- 1/2 c oil
- 4 eggs
- Beaten egg and poppy or sesame seeds
- In a large bowl, combine 2- 1/2 c flour, sugar, yeast, salt, water, and oil.
- Mix well. Add eggs and 1- 1/2 c flour. Mix well. Then add remaining flour, one cup at a time. Mix in between each cup of flour.
- Knead well. Let rise, covered with a towel, for 2 to 2- 1/2 hours.
- Divide dough and braid into three large or five small challahs.
- Brush with beaten egg and sprinkle either poppy seeds or sesame seeds. Bake in a 350 degrees F oven for 30 minutes.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Favourites from Ana's Romanian Kitchen
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew Judson
WorkingBug's Open House CookbookSee More
Short Sharp Chops
CHOCOLATE CHIP ZUCCHINI BREAD / MUFFINSSee More