- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Dried pintos
- garlic powder
- yellow onion
- 1 minced, seeded jalepeno
- 1 can tomatoes
- Pick through beans to pull out all rocks and "uglies."
- rinse well
- Put beans in large pot...cover with about 4 inches of water. bring to simmer and stir OFTEN. (The stirring is what thickens and darkens your broth.) (add water as needed)
- After beans and broth are dark brown and beans are very tender, add salt, pepper, garlic salt and cumin to taste.
- Add one diced yellow onion. (If someone doesn't like onion pieces, I add onion powder.)
- add 1 can tomatoes, juice and all. and 1 bunch cilantro, stems chopped off. Add the jalepeno if you want.
NotesWhen we eat Mexican food, we MUCH prefer charro beans vs. "frijoles refritas." (refried beans) These are SOOOO yummy. I developed this recipe a few years ago. And eating them left-over is even better.
YummyMix.com's Blended Drink Recipes
Second Grade Holiday Cookbook
Sailstad Family CookbookSee More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More