- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Dried pintos
- garlic powder
- yellow onion
- 1 minced, seeded jalepeno
- 1 can tomatoes
- Pick through beans to pull out all rocks and "uglies."
- rinse well
- Put beans in large pot...cover with about 4 inches of water. bring to simmer and stir OFTEN. (The stirring is what thickens and darkens your broth.) (add water as needed)
- After beans and broth are dark brown and beans are very tender, add salt, pepper, garlic salt and cumin to taste.
- Add one diced yellow onion. (If someone doesn't like onion pieces, I add onion powder.)
- add 1 can tomatoes, juice and all. and 1 bunch cilantro, stems chopped off. Add the jalepeno if you want.
NotesWhen we eat Mexican food, we MUCH prefer charro beans vs. "frijoles refritas." (refried beans) These are SOOOO yummy. I developed this recipe a few years ago. And eating them left-over is even better.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Lau Family Recipes
Angel Acres Thanksgiving Dinner Cookbook!
YummyMix.com's Blended Drink RecipesSee More
Easy Chocolate Tart
Black Bean And Corn QuesadillasSee More