- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup butter, cut into bits
- 1 cup GF flour ( I used a mix of brown rice and tapioca flour)
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 1/2 cups grated old cheddar or cheese of your choice
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme.
- Combine the water and butter in a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat and add the flour all at once.
- Keep stirring until dough comes away from the sides of the pan and forms a ball.
- Return pan to medium heat and cook gently for 2 or 3 minutes, stirring constantly, until dough dries out a bit and leaves a thin film on bottom of the pan.
- Transfer the dough to a large bowl and let cool for 5 minutes.
- With electric mixer, beat the eggs into the dough one at a time.
- Dough will slip and slide at first, keep mixing and it will come together.
- Add salt, pepper and cheese.
- Drop dough by spoonful's onto a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake in 425F oven for 25 to 30 minutes-- time depends on the size of the spoonful's you used.
- They should be puffed and slightly browned.
- Remove from oven-- turn it off.
- Leave slightly open to cool a bit.
- Pierce each puff with a sharp knife tip and allow to cool in the oven for about 15 min.
- Serve hot or cold.
NotesReprinted from Celi-Yak News Spring 2012
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry!
Italy or BustSee More
Easy Graham Cracker Ginger Bread House
Pecan Almond MuffinsSee More