- Cooking Time: 23-28
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time:
- 1/3 cup LAND O LAKES® Butter
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 ounces (1 cup) LAND O LAKES® Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- Heat oven to 400°F. Melt butter in 8-inch square baking pan in oven (3 to 5 minutes).
- Meanwhile, combine all remaining ingredients except milk in medium bowl. Stir in milk just until moistened.
- Turn dough onto lightly floured surface; knead until smooth (1 minute). Pat or roll dough into 12x6-inch rectangle. Cut into 12 (1-inch) strips.
- Dip each strip into melted butter in pan; fold each strip in half. Place folded strips in 2 rows in same pan. Bake for 23 to 28 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve warm.
NotesCheddar cheese and basil makes these home-baked pan biscuits a tasty supper accompaniment.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Food Travels Through Italy
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!See More
Ensalada Tibia con Nueces
Bibi's Cheese FlanSee More