- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 8 scones
- Preparation Time:
- 2 c. flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- generous dash ground red pepper
- 1/12 c. shredded Cheddar cheese
- 3 Tb. grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 c. unsalted butter, chilled
- 1/3 c. milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 egg yolk mixed w/1 Tb. water for glaze (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. Lightly butter a 10" diameter circle in center of a baking sheet.
- In large bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, salt and red pepper. Stir in cheeses. Cut butter into 1/2" cubes and distribute them over flour mixture. With pastry blender or two knives used scissors fashion, cut in butter 'til mixture resembles coarse crumbs. In small bowl, stir together milk and 2 eggs. Add milk mixture to flour mixture and stir 'til combined.
- Spread dough into an 8" diameter circle in center of prepared baking sheet. If desired, brush egg mixture over top of dough. With serrate knife, cut into 8 wedges. Bake for 15-17 min. or 'til top is lightly browned and cake tester or toothpick inserted into center of scone comes out clean.
- Remove baking sheet to wire rack and cool 5 min. Using spatula, transfer scones to wire rack to cool. Re-cut into wedges, if necessary. Serve warm, or cool completely and store in airtight container in refrigerator. Let the scones reach room temp. before serving.
Notes'Parmesan and Cheddar flavor these delicious scones. A warm cheese scone and a bowl of hearty beef stew on a cold and wintery day is sure to chase the chills away.'
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for LunchSee More
Curried Eggplant with Coconut Milk
Cube Steaks Paprika
Crockpot Rice Pork ChopsSee More