- 1 cup each of raspberries, blackberries, and blueberries
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- Handful of fresh mint leaves, julienned
- 2 tbs Grand Marnier
- Caramel Dust
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- Prepare Berries: In a large mixing bowl, sprinkle 1/2 cup of sugar over all the berries and let site for an hour or so.
- Make Caramel Dust: Line a rimmed baking sheet with Silpat or coat with cooking spray. Bring to boil sugar and water over medium heat. Swirl in pan over high heat til sugar is dissolved, then cook til a caramel color, being careful not to burn. Do not stir. Pour onto prepared baking sheet to cool. Break up the caramel when hardened. Put in a food processor and pulse til finely ground. Run through a sieve to make dust.
- Whip cream to medium peaks with powdered sugar.
- Fold in mint and two tablespoons of Grand Marnierto berries. Mix thoroughly.
- Place berries in a serving bowl, top with cream and dust with Caramel dust.
NotesYoung but wise beyond his years, Percy adds a big spoonful of sweetness to the El Jefe menu. The road trip gives him a chance to finally spend quality time with dad as they cook their way across the U.S. Along the way he tries all sorts of spicy foods for the first time, yet still manages to serve up this super-sweet recipe for berries with cream.
This is an official recipe created for and made in the film "CHEF" by Chef Roy Choi.
For more info, visit chefthefilm.com.