- ¾ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup lightly packed cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp. finely grated orange zest
- ¾ cup fresh orange juice
- ½ cup fresh lime juice
- ¼ cup lightly packed mint leaves, finely chopped
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tbsp. minced oregano
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 3½ lbs. boneless pork shoulder, in one piece
- In a bowl, whisk together all of the ingredients except salt, pepper and the pork. Whisk in 1 teaspoon each of salt and pepper. Transfer the marinade to a large resealable plastic bag and add the pork. Whisk in 1 teaspoon each of salt and pepper. Transfer the marinade to a large resealable plastic bag and add the pork. Seal the bag and turn to coat; set in a baking dish and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 425° and set a rack over a rimmed baking sheet. Transfer the pork to a work surface; discard the marinade. Fold the pork under itself, into thirds if necessary, and tie with string to form a neat roll. Season all over with salt and pepper and set it on the rack.
- Roast the pork for 30 minutes, until lightly browned. Reduce the oven temperature to 375° and roast for 1 hour and 30 minutes longer, until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the center registers 160°; transfer to a carving board and let rest for 30 minutes. Discard the string before slicing across the grain.
NotesMartin (our lovable line cook and sidekick) witnessed Carl’s flameout in the kitchen and decided to join his idol’s culinary road trip. While traveling to iconic food destinations across the southern U.S., John helps master the following recipe for Mojo-Marinated Pork Shoulder, which is immersed in a marinade of garlic, citrus and herbs. Give it a try and bask in the authentic Cuban flavor (albeit with a minty twist).
This is an official recipe created for and made in the film "CHEF" by Chef Roy Choi.
For more info, visit chefthefilm.com.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Classic Chocolate Recipes Elevated
Angel Acres Christmas Dinner Cookbook!
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.See More
Super-Simple Snickers Pies
Cilantro Pork Tamales
PUmpkin Carrot Swirl BarsSee More