- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryThis is an official recipe created for and made in the film "CHEF" by Chef Roy Choi.
For more info, visit chefthefilm.com.
- 1 lb dried spaghetti
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 12 large garlic cloves, cut into thin slivers
- 1 T crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup fresh parsley, minced
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- Sea salt
- Ground black pepper
- 2 lemons
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil and add the spaghetti, cooking until al dente, 8-10 minutes. Drain.
- Heat olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add garlic and stir frequently until the garlic is golden brown. Add red pepper flakes, salt and pepper.
- Add the drained spaghetti directly to the pan. Toss until spaghetti is thoroughly coated with the garlic oil.
- Remove pan from heat, add the parsley and Parmesan and toss well. Check for flavor and adjust the salt if necessary. Squeeze lemons to taste. Garnish with more Parmesan.
- Deep fry sliced green plantains until golden brown then smash and fry again until just beyond golden. Puree all Chile Vinegar ingredients and serve with Tostones (plantains).