- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 lb dried spaghetti
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 12 large garlic cloves, cut into thin slivers
- 1 T crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup fresh parsley, minced
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- Sea salt
- Ground black pepper
- 2 lemons
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil and add the spaghetti, cooking until al dente, 8-10 minutes. Drain.
- Heat olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add garlic and stir frequently until the garlic is golden brown. Add red pepper flakes, salt and pepper.
- Add the drained spaghetti directly to the pan. Toss until spaghetti is thoroughly coated with the garlic oil.
- Remove pan from heat, add the parsley and Parmesan and toss well. Check for flavor and adjust the salt if necessary. Squeeze lemons to taste. Garnish with more Parmesan.
- Deep fry sliced green plantains until golden brown then smash and fry again until just beyond golden. Puree all Chile Vinegar ingredients and serve with Tostones (plantains).
NotesThis is an official recipe created for and made in the film "CHEF" by Chef Roy Choi.
For more info, visit chefthefilm.com.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and Appetisers
Vegan Glass Jar Goodies
Christmas CookiesSee More
Pineapple-Black Bean Enchiladas
Mascarpone Brownies With Honey Chocolate Sauce
Chicken RollupsSee More