CHEWY MILK DUDS COOKIES
- Cooking Time: 12
- Servings: 96
- Preparation Time: 20
- 1 1/2 cups butter-flavor shortening
- 1 1/2 cups peanut butter
- 2 cups granulated sugar, divided
- 1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 3 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (10 ounce) package Milk Duds
In a mixing bowl, cream the shortening, peanut butter, 1 1/2 cups of the sugar and brown sugar.
Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
Combine dry ingredients; gradually add to the creamed mixture.
Chill for at least 1 hour.
Shape 4 teaspoons of dough around each Milk Dud so it is completely covered. Roll balls in remaining sugar.
Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets.
Bake at 350 degrees F for 10 to 12 minutes or until set.
Cool for 5 minutes before removing to wire racks.
Yields about 8 dozen.