- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- GLUTEN FREE CHEX MIX
- 4 1/2 cups gluten-free Corn Chex® cereal
- 4 1/2 cups gluten-free Rice Chex® cereal
- 1 cup mixed nuts
- 1 cup bite-size gluten-free pretzels
- 1 cup garlic-flavor bite-size bagel chips or regular-size gluten-free bagel chips, broken into 1-inch pieces
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons gf Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- CHEX MIX BOWL
- 2 large egg whites
- 8 cups GF snack mix
- Cooking spray
- CHEX MIX
- Heat oven to 250°F. In large bowl, mix cereals, nuts, pretzels and bagel chips; set aside. In ungreased large roasting pan, melt butter in oven.
- Stir in seasonings. Gradually stir in cereal mixture until evenly coated. Bake 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Spread on paper towels to cool, about 15 minutes. Store in airtight container.
- CHEX MIX BOWL
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Beat the egg whites and 2 tablespoons water in a large bowl with a mixer until slightly stiff peaks form. Add the snack mix and toss until evenly coated.
- Generously coat a 3-quart ovenproof bowl with cooking spray and place the snack mix in it. Crumple a large sheet of foil and mold into a bowl shape about one-third the size of the 3-quart bowl. Coat the outside of the foil bowl with cooking spray and press into the snack mix to make a well in the middle, forming the snack mix into a bowl shape.
- Place the bowl with the foil in the oven and bake until the snack mix sets, 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool slightly, 5 minutes. Carefully remove the foil. Cool 30 more minutes, invert the edible bowl onto a plate and cool completely.
NotesReprinted from Celi-Yak News Fall 2011
Gluten Free Chex Mix recipe from http://glutenismybitch.wordpress.com/
Chex Mix Bowl recipe from http://www.foodnetwork.com/
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gluten-Free - Making do with what you got!
Breads and Pastry 101
Nick's PicksSee More
Honey Cake (mézeskalács) As My Mother Makes
Delicious, flaky, lard-free pie crustSee More