- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- GLUTEN FREE CHEX MIX
- 4 1/2 cups gluten-free Corn Chex® cereal
- 4 1/2 cups gluten-free Rice Chex® cereal
- 1 cup mixed nuts
- 1 cup bite-size gluten-free pretzels
- 1 cup garlic-flavor bite-size bagel chips or regular-size gluten-free bagel chips, broken into 1-inch pieces
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons gf Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- CHEX MIX BOWL
- 2 large egg whites
- 8 cups GF snack mix
- Cooking spray
- CHEX MIX
- Heat oven to 250°F. In large bowl, mix cereals, nuts, pretzels and bagel chips; set aside. In ungreased large roasting pan, melt butter in oven.
- Stir in seasonings. Gradually stir in cereal mixture until evenly coated. Bake 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Spread on paper towels to cool, about 15 minutes. Store in airtight container.
- CHEX MIX BOWL
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Beat the egg whites and 2 tablespoons water in a large bowl with a mixer until slightly stiff peaks form. Add the snack mix and toss until evenly coated.
- Generously coat a 3-quart ovenproof bowl with cooking spray and place the snack mix in it. Crumple a large sheet of foil and mold into a bowl shape about one-third the size of the 3-quart bowl. Coat the outside of the foil bowl with cooking spray and press into the snack mix to make a well in the middle, forming the snack mix into a bowl shape.
- Place the bowl with the foil in the oven and bake until the snack mix sets, 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool slightly, 5 minutes. Carefully remove the foil. Cool 30 more minutes, invert the edible bowl onto a plate and cool completely.
NotesReprinted from Celi-Yak News Fall 2011
Gluten Free Chex Mix recipe from http://glutenismybitch.wordpress.com/
Chex Mix Bowl recipe from http://www.foodnetwork.com/
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Easy Homemade Salad Dressings
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy FoodSee More
Peking Style Smoked Chicken
Quick and Spicy Tomato Soup
Grilled London BroilSee More