CHICKEN (TUNA) NOODLE CASSEROLE
Why I Love This Recipe
Ingredients You'll Need
3-1/2 cups medium noodles (approximate 6 ounces)
1 - 6 ounce can chicken OR tuna *
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 cup celery, chopped
1/3 cup onion, chopped
1/4 cup green pepper, chopped - optional
1/4 cup pimento, chopped
1 teaspoon salt
1 can cream of mushroom OR cream of chicken OR cream of celery soup
1/2 cup milk
1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese (OR use cheese of choice)
1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted - optional
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Cook noodles in boiling water until almonst tender. Drain.
- Combine in saucepan: chicken, mayonnaise, celery, onion, green pepper, pimento, salt, soup, and milk.
- Heat thoroughly, but do not boil. Add cheese, and stir until cheese is melted. Add to noodles.
- Pour into 2 quart casserole dish. Top with toasted almonds.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
* I usually cook 1 or 2 chicken breast halves OR use leftover chicken OR pork.