- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryJust prepared this again today so will share.
The orginal recipe came from the H.E.B. grocery store site and have enjoyed it many times. I do add onions, adding them in with the chicken. Today I made it using Hillshire Farms Hot Sauage and the results was a jambalaya with just a small kick which my husband and I enjoy. Would not class it as a hot dish with the different sausage. Its easy to prepare and very filling.
- 1 lb. uncooked chicken breast tenders
- 4 strips bacon, cut into 1/2in pieces
- 1 pk.(16oz.)Mesquite Smoked Sausage
- 2 cans(14 1/2oz.)tomatoes
- 2 cans(14 1/2oz.) chicken broth
- 2 cups uncooked long grain rice
- Creole or Cajun seasoning
- Season chicken generously on both sides with Creole or Cajun seasoning
- Place bacon in a 6 to 8-quart pot over Med-Hi heat; cook 2 to 3 min or until bacon just begins to brown. Add chicken; cook 2 min. per side. Reduce heat to med. and cook 5 min longer or until chicken is no longer pink. Remove chicken tenders from pot and sit aside.
- Add sausage that is cut into bite size pieces; cook 5 min. Add tomatoes and chicken broth. Cut chicken into bite size pieces and return to pot and bring mixture to a boil.
- Stir in rice; reduce heat to med-low, cover pot and cook 20 to 25 minutes or until rice is tender. Season to taste and serve hot.
- You must SAVE this recipe