- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Heavy Duty Aluminum Foil
- 1 (10-3/4 oz.) cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme--divided
- 2 ribs celery, chopped
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 1-1/2 cup baking mix (like Bisquick)
- 3/4 cup water
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Tear off 4 (12-x18-inch) foil sheets. Coat foil with vegetable cooking spray.
- Stir together soup, 1/4 tsp. thyme, celery, carrot, and onion.
- Spoon evenly on foil sheets, and top evenly with chicken.
- Stir together biscuit mix, 3/4 cup water, and remaining 1/4 tsp. thyme.
- Spoon evenly on top of chicken.
- Bring up 2 sides of each foil sheet, and double fold with about 1-inch-wide folds.
- Double fold each end to form a packet, leaving room for heat circulation inside packet.
- Place foil packets on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 450 for 22 minutes.
- Open foil packets carefully, allowing steam to escape
- MY VARIATIONS
- No celery - omitted.
- One large potato, diced
- Ground black pepper on chicken
NotesThis chicken packet recipe is delicious and flexible. My son compared it to chicken pot pie. I am known to use what I have on hand.
Baby Food: Baby's First Solid Foods
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette StarbuckSee More
Best Mediterranean Baked Stuffed Chicken
Melt Your Heart Pizza
Paleo Flank Steak with Chimichurri SauceSee More