- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Heavy Duty Aluminum Foil
- 1 (10-3/4 oz.) cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme--divided
- 2 ribs celery, chopped
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 1-1/2 cup baking mix (like Bisquick)
- 3/4 cup water
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Tear off 4 (12-x18-inch) foil sheets. Coat foil with vegetable cooking spray.
- Stir together soup, 1/4 tsp. thyme, celery, carrot, and onion.
- Spoon evenly on foil sheets, and top evenly with chicken.
- Stir together biscuit mix, 3/4 cup water, and remaining 1/4 tsp. thyme.
- Spoon evenly on top of chicken.
- Bring up 2 sides of each foil sheet, and double fold with about 1-inch-wide folds.
- Double fold each end to form a packet, leaving room for heat circulation inside packet.
- Place foil packets on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 450 for 22 minutes.
- Open foil packets carefully, allowing steam to escape
- MY VARIATIONS
- No celery - omitted.
- One large potato, diced
- Ground black pepper on chicken
NotesThis chicken packet recipe is delicious and flexible. My son compared it to chicken pot pie. I am known to use what I have on hand.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.
Recipes for Vitality
Angel Acres Thanksgiving Dinner Cookbook!See More
Broiled Salmon with Olive-Tomato Vinaigrette
Peanut and pretzel truffles
Veggie KebabsSee More