- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1-1/2 tbsp canola oil
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 cardamom pods
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 medium onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1-inch chunk of ginger, peeled and minced
- 3/4 pound of ground chicken
- 1/4 pound fresh peas (frozen is ok too)
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the oil in a wok or large saute pan over medium-high heat.
- When the oil is hot, add the cinnamon, cardamom, and bay leaf.
- Stir-fry for 15 seconds.
- Add onion and stir-fry until the onion begins to brown, then add the garlic and ginger and stir to incorporate it into the onion.
- Add the chicken and stir-fry, using a spatula to break up the chicken into small chunks.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir-fry, mixing everything well, until everything is heated through, about 3-4 minutes.
- P.S. Don't eat the bay leaf, cinnamon stick, or cardamom pods!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Holiday Dessert Cookbook
Recipes for Vitality
MetroCooking DC 2013See More
STUFFAT TAL-QARNIT (Octopus Stew)
Frosted Apple Cinnamon Bars
BANANA WELLINGTONSSee More