- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1-1/2 tbsp canola oil
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 cardamom pods
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 medium onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1-inch chunk of ginger, peeled and minced
- 3/4 pound of ground chicken
- 1/4 pound fresh peas (frozen is ok too)
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the oil in a wok or large saute pan over medium-high heat.
- When the oil is hot, add the cinnamon, cardamom, and bay leaf.
- Stir-fry for 15 seconds.
- Add onion and stir-fry until the onion begins to brown, then add the garlic and ginger and stir to incorporate it into the onion.
- Add the chicken and stir-fry, using a spatula to break up the chicken into small chunks.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir-fry, mixing everything well, until everything is heated through, about 3-4 minutes.
- P.S. Don't eat the bay leaf, cinnamon stick, or cardamom pods!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Girl Scout Campfire Cookbook Troop 60252
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at Pesah
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013See More
Smooth Tomato & Creamy Tofu Sauce