- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryThis chicken salad recipe is so adaptable. Spoon it into cherry tomatoes or celery sticks, or onto crackers for an appetizer. Serve it on a lettuce leaf for a salad. Or, between slices of bread for a sandwich.
- 1 pound chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup hazelnuts, toasted and coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup celery, diced
- 1 Tablespoon green onion, minced (red onion gives this salad wonderful color, too)
- 2 Tablespoons dill weed OR 1/3 cup fresh dill, chopped
- 1 - 2 Tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 Tablespoon dijon mustard, optional
- salt and pepper to taste
- Boil and chop chicken. Add hazelnuts, celery and green onion. Toss. In separate bowl, mix mayonnaise, sour cream, salt and pepper to taste. Pour over chicken. Stir to combine. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- NOTE: Chop the chicken in a food processor for a smoother chicken salad.