- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 chicken breasts
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- For the Coating:
- 1 cup fine dried bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh flat-leaf Italian parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Several grinds black pepper
- 1/2 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- Olive oil
- Prepare the Mustard cranberry sauce (recipe below).
- Combine the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, parsley, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. Work in the olive oil by hand, then spread the mixture on a dinner plate. Spread the flour on another dinner plate. Break the egg into a shallow bowl and beat lightly.
- Pound out the chicken breasts by placing them between plastic wrap. Season with salt and pepper and press the seasonings into the meat with your fingers. Dip the chicken in the flour, coating both sides and shaking off the excess. Then dip in the egg, letting any excess drip back into the bowl. Finally, coat the chicken on both sides with the seasoned bread crumbs, pressing them into place.
- Heat a large skillet over high heat until very hot. Add olive oil to a depth of about 1/4-inch. When the oil is hot add the chicken scallopine. Cook until the cutlets are golden on the bottom, a couple of minutes. Turn and cook on the second side for a minute or two longer. With tongs, lift the pieces as they are done, allowing any excess oil to drain back into the skillet, and transfer to several thicknesses of paper towels.
- Divide the chicken among your plates, placing them in the center. Spoon a little Mustard Cranberry Sauce on each side chicken scallopine.
NotesI did adapt the chicken part of this recipe a bit, instead of the frying part, I instead made the breading mixture as instructed and then added some olive oil to it to my liking, and then proceeded with the breading process of the recipe and placed the chicken breasts onto my silpat on a baking sheet and then baked them in a 350 degree F oven for about 30 to 40 minutes until they were golden and tested done. I did not pound the chicken, but instead hand flattened them to a uniform size before breading.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Breads and Pastry 101
Driscoll's Berry Desserts
MetroCooking DC 2013See More
Carmelized Banana Tart (Land O Lakes)
Betty Crocker Ooey Gooey Pumpkin Caramel Cupcakes
Chinese Chicken WingsSee More