CHICKEN STIR-FRY WITH SCALLIONS
- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 1/4 tablespoons of soy sauce
- * 6 tablespoons of water
- * 9 tablespoons of mirin
- * 4 teaspoons of sugar
- * 1 pound of chicken breasts - boneless
- * 1/2 cup of flour
- * 4 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- * 8 green onions
- In a small sauce mix together soy sauce, water, mirin, and sugar; bring to a simmer and cook for 3 minutes while the chicken is cooking.
- Wash and cut the scallions into 1 inch pieces and set them aside.
- Cut up 1 pound of chicken into bite sizes
- Put ½ cup of flour in a zip lock bag and then add the bite size pieces of chicken.
- Give the bag a good shake to be sure all the chicken pieces are coated with the flour.
- Then shake the chicken out in a mesh colander.
- Throw away the leftover flour
- Add 4 Tablespoons of oil (vegetable, corn or peanut) to a wok or large fry pan and heat it up on medium high heat. Then add the chicken.
- Quickly brown the chicken in the oil. Keep stirring and moving the chicken around the pan until it is cooked through. That should take about 3-4 minutes.
- Pour the simmering sauce over the chicken and cook it all together until the sauce thickens. That will take about another 2-3 minutes.
- Add the cut scallions and let it continue cooking for another 30 seconds.
- Serve the chicken on top of cooked rice.
NotesNormally, stir-fry cooking takes just a few minutes to cook, but FOREVER to chop all the fresh vegetables that go into it! The reason why I like this particular stir-fry chicken recipe is that there are only two ingredients that need cutting; the chicken and scallions (green onions).
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Delicious Breakfasts for Gluten-Free Kids!
Secret of the Wings Cookbook
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skinSee More
Puff Daddy Pancake
Pumpkin-Cream Cheese Streusel Pie
Tossed Salad With Oil And Vinegar DressingSee More