- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 Tsp.s extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 ½ C thinly sliced red onion
- 2 Tsp.s minced fresh rosemary, divided
- 1/8 Tsp. salt
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 2/3 C shredded fontina cheese, preferably aged
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 1 pound), trimmed of fat
- ½ C white wine
- 1 C reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 4 Tsp.s all-purpose flour
- Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and 1 teaspoon rosemary; cook, stirring occasionally, until the onion is golden brown, 6 to 7 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Let cool; stir in fontina.
- Meanwhile, cut a horizontal slit along the thin, long edge of each chicken breast half, nearly through to the opposite side. Stuff each breast with 1/4 cup of the onion-cheese mixture.
- Heat the remaining 2 teaspoons oil in the same skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook until golden, about 5 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate and cover with foil to keep warm.
- 4. Add wine and the remaining 1 teaspoon rosemary to the pan. Cook over medium-high heat for 2 minutes. Whisk broth and flour in a bowl until smooth; add to the pan, reduce heat to low and whisk until the sauce thickens, about 1 minute. Return the chicken to the pan and coat with the sauce. Cook, covered, until the chicken is just cooked through, 2 to 4 minutes. Serve the chicken topped with the sauce.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Favourites from Ana's Romanian Kitchen
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSW
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake RecipeSee More
Mochi (sticky sweet rice cakes)
Thai Vegetable Stir Fry
Virgin Pomegranate and Cranberry BellinisSee More