- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- * 2 large eggs
- * 1 egg white
- * 1/2 teaspoon salt
- * 3/4 cup matzo meal
- * 1 tablespoon oil -- preferably canola
- * 8 cups chicken broth -- homemade
- * 2 medium parsnips -- peeled and chopped
- * 1 large carrot -- peeled and chopped
- * 1 medium onion -- chopped
- * 1 cup broccoli flowerets
- * 1 cup mushrooms -- sliced
- * 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill -- or parsley
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, egg white and salt. Whisk in matzo meal, oil and 3 tablespoons cold water. Cover and chill the mixture at least 1 hour or overnight.
- In a large pot, bring chicken broth to a boil. Add parsnips, carrots and onions, REDUCE the heat to medium-low and cook for 5 minutes. Gently roll the chilled matzo dough by level spoonfuls into balls, dropping them into the simmering broth as you work.
- Cook the matzo balls, covered, for 15 minutes. DO NOT LIFT THE LID; the broth must simmer rapidly to allow the matzo balls to expand properly.
- Uncover the pot, add broccoli and mushrooms and simmer until the broccoli is just tender, 2 to 3 minutes. Ladle into bowls, sprinkle with dill or parsley and serve.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Lizz Delicious Cookbook Vol. 1
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at Pesah
The Naked MacaronSee More
Coca-Cola Biscuits from Southern Biscuits Cookbook
Summer Stone Sangria
Beef & Broccoli over Hong Kong Pan Fried NoodlesSee More